I'm trying to decide if I should get the M22ti or M2i for my home office, the room is 20 x 15' but the speakers will be place on top of my desk right next to the computer monitor as true bookshelf, there's no room for speaker-stand of any kind, the listening area is only half of the room. The source consist of a H/K cd player and H/K 3480 stereo receiver with 120w x2 available for these puppies, speakers placement is only 1.5ft away from me so technically the speakers will be played right infront of my face.
Question 1: If I were to get the M22ti, then the tweeter will end up off-axis and about 8~9" above ear level, I'm not concern about the physical size but is M22ti overkill though? occationally I like to play them loud when the wife and kid went out, though not ear-bleeding loud. :-) If I get the M2i then the tweeters will be on-axis to ear level on top of my desk. As you probably know this setup is for 100% music only.
Question 2: I am not going to consider the M3 because I want to add a subwoofer, I have my eyes set on the SVS PB1-ISD, is this a good match to either M2i or M22ti? or is it way overkill for solely music listening in such tight space?