The different sound is definitely "different good", not "different bad".

Just finished listening to a dozen or so tracks where I hadn't been completely happy with the sound -- seemed like I didn't have the sub & crossover completely right yet -- and they all sound "right" now that I am using the sub x-over to block low notes from the mains.

Squonk and Dance on a Volcano (Genesis) now sound like I remember - seemed a bit spotty before but I hadn't heard them on good speakers for a long time.

Autumn (Strawbs) intro now sounded just right. Again, used to be a bit uneven when the bass synth was gliding up and down even after a lot of crossover tweaking and sub moving ;(

Desiree (off Airborne by Curved Air, still my favorite first album to test speakers with, no idea why) sounded "right" for the first time although there is nothing obviously challenging on the track.

Anyways, happy happy. D, if you think you might need to use the M2s in a "big room normal stereo play loud" kind of environment then please try to get a sub with line in AND line out and the ability to high-pass the line out. I don't think our receivers can high pass the mains internally, you need an AV model for that.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8