Yesterday, as I said I would experiment in my house for the betterment of anyone who cares. (btw I am no expert, but I do love my music).

Oddly enough my denon 4802r, when in pure direct ( fronts only.... no video, surround, ect.) did not allow me to adjust the treble or bass. I would have to put it on 2-ch stereo to use the tone adjustment.

I sampled many cd's and some dvd concerts. (i'll only metion a few.) Now let's understand that I am not comparing... I'm only giving my 2 cents to this discussion of no bass and listening fatigue.

The speakers do sound a little bright on "SOME" cd's and mp3's played loud. But on other's the so called brightness was more like clarity. For example on the dvd concert by the eagles, hotel california would send chills down my spine..... the acoustic guitar and the vocals were crisp, clear with no "fatigue" to the ears at all. But an old motley crue, or guns and roses cd the highs were quite noticable. Is this due to the recording technique or the type of music I'm not sure..... A song like expedition sailor, by kim mitchhell, was awesome and the I would not want to lose the clarity of the highs. It seemed to me that the heavier rock music, on cd's or mp3, were the culprits of the the brightness. Music on dvd concerts sounded much better...... maybe there is something to "sacd" and "dvd-a". I wish I had one to listen to because I do have a player. ( but that type of recording is meant for 5.1 not 2.0)

Anyways as far a bass goes there seemed to be alot of it, especially if you listen to music with alot of bass in it.

Off of the pearl jam 10 album the start of "why go" shook the floor boards over here. Motley crue "beauty" off of generation swine literally moved my pant cuffs. There were more but I think you can tell that "I" think there is plenty of bass coming from the m60's.

I have been though moving away from my cd and mp3 collection in favour of the 5.1 concert dvds..... if there were only more good ones.

In conclusion....... I wouldn't want to lose the highs on a great guitar solo like on "shine on you crazy diamond" (Roger Waters in the flesh dvd) but when it comes to hard rock cd's I am definitly adjusting the treble. I may try the 1.8 ohm resistor, but I don't want to lose the highs I just want to tame them.

Does the rocket have a powered woofer? Or just a bigger one? Because if it makes the m60 seem like it has no low end it must really BOOM!

Just my humble opinion, and I'm looking forward to your updated audition on the rocket vs. the m60

later