After reading all the hoop la about being able to bi-amp your fronts with a left over channel on the 3805, I decided to try it out. I have been playing with this since yesterday. I have taken SPL readings and a ton of other things and I hate to say it but not once have I come close to the +3db people are reporting. It sounds no better or no worse then when I'm running the regular L&R amps.

Given the hype surrounding this, I was expecting more. I also did some non scientific tests using a voltmeter to the speaker leads and using the formula voltage times voltage divided by impedance to get a quick idea on the Denon's actual power output with 5 channels being driven. I did it about a dozen times and we can't get more then 75 watts per with all 5 being driven. My number is a little lower then what Secrets got but only by about 2 watts. It should be noted that using the above method is not that accurate but it's also not that bad either. We did the same thing with my HALO and we got numbers that almost matched what Parasound has in the manual.

I have no idea why I'm doing this other then the fact that I was bored!

Is there a better way to test given the fact I don't have any testing equipment other then a voltmeter?