In reply to:

If someone wants to tell me that all amps sound the same, they better have owned a lot of stuff so they can post some real world examples not just what science tells them. Just because you read it somewhere, that doesn’t necessarily make it the gospel.

Hmmm. I've read somewhere that the Earth revolves around the Sun, but I've never actually observed it myself, yet I believe it. I also read and learned about evolution in high school and college, and I believe in it despite having never personally observed it. The fact is, when science weighs in on a subject, I tend to side with science.

Now, can you find me a specific example when somebody has said every amp sounds the same? I can find many of examples where people have said a lot amps sound the same (which you agree with), but none that uncategorically say ALL amps sound the same.

About the Crown and Parasound amps, do they both have the same frequency responses from 20Hz to 20kHz? If not, then of course they're going to sound different. Were they calibrated so they were both playing at the exact same dB level? If not, then of course they sounded different. If you're going to do a conclusive comparison, you have to make sure all your variables are minimized.

I don't doubt that you heard differences. Nobody is calling you crazy. Granted, there are some folks on here that are a bit heavy-handed with their use of science, but they are in the minority. If you don't think the majority of people here are like that, it doesn't help this forum's "rep" by calling attention to them in your rant.