Hi All

This is my first post here so I want to first of all thank you all for the great information that flows through these boards. And thank you Alan for all the help you've given me thus far via e-mail. So much to learn!

I recently joined the Family Axiom with a pair of incredible M22tis and will soon purchase a VP150. I use a Yamaha RXV630 receiver to drive everything. I'm slowly replacing an AR satellite (HC6) system I mistakenly bought a few months ago. One item I bought as an 'upgrade' to the satellite system's subwoofer is an AR PR1212 subwoofer. Fine with music, not so with HT - the explosions in U571, for example, rumble from my head to my upeer chest cavity and stops there. I want to feel my stomach in at least a little bit of turmoil when those explosions happen - so back goes the AR PR1212. Budget is an issue (as I guess it is to one degree or another with everyone) so I've been contemplating an HSU VTF-2, the SVS 25-31 PCi or perhaps one of Axiom's upper two models. My system use is 60% HT and 40% audio. Thanks for any feedback.

Phil