I agree with Patchwork. Like you my short list included Axiom, Hsu, and SVS. I decided to go for EP350 because I believe its performance-price ratio is better than Hsu and SVS. More so if you are buying Axiom's matched home theater system which in my calculation is 5% off regular prices.

Besides, I was turned off by SVS business attitude. If you read their SVS news page, they wrote "We can't reveal just what subs will or won't increase at this time, nor can we say (even in private e-mail) what final prices will be on the 22nd. You should assume that prices will go up, though at least a couple may not, we're really still crunching the numbers" I read it as "We do not know our costs, we do not know how much we want to charge you yet, we do not know which subs will increase in price, a couple may not but we cannot tell you which ones, you should assume that you would pay us more starting on the 22nd" Despite the bulky sub, their products might be good but I sure would like to deal with a compay that knows what it is doing.