I live in a small town in the middle east - Oman. There are no audio shops closer than 380 kilometers, and even those do not have a variety of equipment and have to order all their stuff so auditioning is impossible.

I have been into music for a while and into HT for the last couple of years.

This is my current setup:

6 KEF Q1's
Den0n 3805
Philips Q50 DVD Player
HK CD 755
Pioneer 363 DVD
Panasonic LT701 Projector
SVS 20-39 PC+

All this in a dedicated HT room:

Length: 18.5 feet
Width: 14 feet
Height: 10.3 feet

Total Volume is: 2654 feet

I have a strong case of upgraditis and would like to upgrade my speakers. Since I cannot audition or procure any models here except Axiom and Rockets, I would like to limit the choices to on of the following Sets:

Axiom:
Tower M80ti fronts
VP150 Center
QS8's Surround
QS8's Surround back

Rockets:
RS750 Sigs Fronts (Maybe RS850 !!)
RSC200 Center
RSS300 Surround
RSS300 Surround back

I already have shelves for the existing surround back that are around 5 feet high. So I will be planning to use these for the Rocket Surrounds. For the Axiom Surrounds, I will be hanging them on the wall. The Back speakers will have to be on a stand because of a large glass window in the back and therefore the impossibility of hanging them on the wall.

I generally listen to Rock: (Dire Straits, Chris Ria, Pink Floyd), Pop (Sting), Spanish Guitar. For Movies, I usually enjoy Action and SciFi. Usage is roughly 50%-50% HT-Music.

Since I cannot demo both, then I will have to buy them blindly. Buying both and sending the ones I do not like back will be VERY expensive.

I like the KEF sound but feel that they lack depth and clarity. They also strain with higher volumes. I do not like very high sounds and get ear fatigue listening to such speakers. I mostly listen to Music at moderate-low levels. Sometimes cranking up the volume as far as I can. Please help me select a set.

Are these too much for my room ? I have the money and would not like to regret it later. Also, I am planning to move to a bigger HT room and house within a couple of years.

Will I be able to drive these properly with the 3805 ?

Will I get loud and clear and non-fatiguing SPL's ?

I will post this in both the AV123 and Axiom forums.

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks People.

------ M80, VP150, QS8 Surr, QS8 Back Surr Sunfire Amp -M80, Denon 3805 -all else, SVS 20-39 PC+