I have not heard the either of the Rocket centers, or their surrounds. The talk I hear is that their RSC200 (affectionately, and appropriately called "Bigfoot"-12"Hx10.5"Dx25"W • 46 lbs) is fabulous.

Their RSS300 surrounds are dipoles, and are probably very good. But, my quadpolar QS8s are fabulous, and I'd bet they have the edge in the surround category. All of which just makes Nat's decision that much more difficult.

Nat, I forgot to mention that both companies have raised the standards of customer service to new highs. I've heard REMARKABLE stories about both companies' service. Can't go wrong there, either way.

Critics of the Axioms call them "bright" or "harsh." Proponents describe the same listening experience as "accurate," or "detailed." Regardless, you will not find these speakers "muddy," or "muffled and they will expose a poorly mixed CD. If your room has hardwood floors, bare walls, minimal furniture, and a low ceiling, Axioms may not be for you. If you have carpeting, wall hangings, sofas and chairs, and/or a high ceiling you may find them wonderful.

With music, having owned lesser speakers I had gotten into the habit of cranking up the volume in order to give me the listening experience I wanted (hearing everything). I have found that these speakers do NOT need to be cranked to provide the satisfying experience of hearing everything in the mix.

For home theater, I find the whole ensemble flawless. Of course, the fact that I'm the one sitting in the sweet spot just might have something to do with that.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton