Hi Nat.

Fellows, as Nat has said, he's posted the same thing over at av123. Quite naturally, they recommended the Rockets and other than the stereotypical characterization of the Axioms as "bright," and the usual preference for the Rocket finish, they've been reasonably kind toward the Axioms. It would be nice if we would return the courtesy.

I think it's important that I quote something that Nat said over at av123. "I was initially investigating the Axioms only. Then I started getting worried with all the talk about the 'bright' effects and I know that I am generally sensitive to high sounds and get fatigue easily. I found some people on the Axiom forum making changes to the towers to tame them and some who are adding pads ... etc to reduce the brightness. That got me worried."

Nat's in a tough situation being in a remote area that makes returning his purchase a very difficult and expensive propostion. I would remind you that the important thing is that Nat end up with a purchase that HE finds satisfying. It's not a contest between Axiom and Rocket. For that reason, and because of the his mentioned sensitivity to highs, I told him I thought the Rockets would be a wiser, safer choice. What's your opinion?

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton