Thanks for all the interest.

Wonderful forum, wonderful community. Both the AV123 and the Axiom communities are unbelievable.

Now to answer some of the questions:

The tip about the B&W 703 sound is nice. Unfortunately, the closest B&W dealer is six hours driving away. So, not practical. I do not know anyone with B&W's close by.

My dedicated HT room has bare walls and marble flooring. I have some DVD cabinets and a rug and a Sofa in the room. Otherwise, it is a bare room.

perhaps you could give us some feed back about what you do and do not like about your KEF's
===========================================

The KEF Q1's that I have are bookshelves. I feel that they lack the 'punch', 'meat', 'midrange ?'. They also sound horrible at loud volumes. They strain at higher loads. Last night I was listening/viewing the Eric Clapton: Live in Hyde Park DVD. I crancked up the volume on my 3805 to -13 (85 db) during the acoustic version of Layla - Track 1. I felt that the Q1's were screeching to keep up. My SVS 20-39 PC+ was doing fine, so I got good bass with very limited mids and too much highs. I got an earache from the highs but no satisfaction from the music.

Apologese if this is not audiophile speak, but this is what I felt. I cannot say whether the dissatisfaction was from too much treble or too much distortion.

------ M80, VP150, QS8 Surr, QS8 Back Surr Sunfire Amp -M80, Denon 3805 -all else, SVS 20-39 PC+