Dantana,

When I started researching on what home theater system components I wanted to have, I thought that my speakers and receivers must have THX certification to ensure minimum quality requirements. I specifically omitted from my list those that did not have the certification. Then I visited several audio shops and listened to certified speakers and certified receivers. I became confused because I heard non THX certified Paradigms sound better than THX certified M&K. I was also able to listen to very impressive THX speakers but their prices are way beyond my budget. As I continue my research, I found out that it is true that THX certification will guarantee you a minimum performance requirements but there are a lot of other manufacturers whose products will surpass such minimum requirements and not charge you for the certification that are not really necessary for people like you and all of us in this forum who research and evaluate the dollars we spend on our equipment. In the final analysis, if you happen to like the THX certified speakers and receivers that you auditioned, go for it: this is your equipment and your money.

Since you can talk about computers, I would compare this with the "intel inside" advertisement. Sure, intel pentium is good but have you compared it with the price and performance of AMD athlon? My point is: with research you do not have to pay THX fee to get a system cheaper and better performing than THX certified speakers and receivers.

As for George Lucas, you know how capable he is in making money on his projects. After more than a decade we are still anxious to see Star Wars part 3 to enlighten us on things that happened in 4,5 and 6.