F107,

Take it from a guy who went from having two M60s and a reciever sitting on the floor in the middle of an empty room with hardwood floors for a few months, to having some carpet, drapes, and furniture in the room. In an empty room, the high end was greatly enhanced. As the "soft" stuff got put back into the room, the high end softened along with it.

sibilance? not really. I have (while messing with my sub) managed to end up with too little bass, giving the appearance of a borderline sibilant sound to them. I often wonder if some folks who have the brightness/sibilance issues just have a bad room that dampens the low & mid ranges too much. If you remove those, the highs might seem out of line. They would be.

To me the cymbals, chimes, flutes, and those clocks (and money) on Pink FLoyd DSOTM are just as loud, clear, and "bright" on my M60s as they are in real life. Not louder, not altered in any way. The same. Just right.

The only thing that just slightly (and I mean very slightly) bothers me is that they seem to be a little sensitive to placement and positioning. Too close or too far from the wall behind them can cause emphasized or lost bass. (Maybe all speakers are like this?) Too much, or too little toe in can cause a "confusing" image, or no image at all. No worries now - I have measurements, and I know how to use them! I can tell immediately when an M60 has been moved by as much as 1/4" when I listen from my seat.

Ear fatigue? only once. I don't care how cute she is, hip hop is now banned at my place.

I am 100% happy with mine.

Last edited by Michael_A; 02/06/05 06:36 PM.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.