So, how much did you guys spend on your HTPC?

I was thinking about getting the Panasonic S97S which has a Faroudja DCDi processor, and can output 1080i and like you said, the Z3 can go to 1920 x 1080i with HDMI.

I am not sur eof the processor in the Z3, but it is supposed to be excellent. So good, that many people are skipping the upconverting DVD player, and letting the projector do it.

With that said, I want a great picture, but after spending about 6 hours tonight trying to fix the crashed hard drive on my PC (remember the great one I mentioned before? Looks like an unrecoverable error. Oh, and it went out of warranty 45 days ago. Western Digital only has 1 year warranties I guess.) I am thinking that I don't want to tinker and tweak a HTPC if I do go that route.

What about the Microsoft Media Center route? I have heard of people building their own system and getting Media Center installed on it.

I don't want to rule out the HTPC, and I GREATLY appreciate the easy to follow information you folks posted, but I want to make sure that if I go that route, it will be worth the trouble compared to the DVD player I mentioned above.

Thanks yet again for your help. This is a really interesting topic.

Farewell - June 4, 2020