i got my Axioms by using that first strategy! i had/have my heart set on getting one of the '05 Mustangs and have been prepping the wife for about 3 years for it. well since i work about 45 miles away from home, pretty much all backroads, and given the fact i would have had to sell my '98 Mazda 626 (darn!) to get it...we "mutually" decided that a 300hp rear wheel drive car would NOT be the best choice for me to be driving in the winter. That, and the fact that when the prices were announced for the Mustangs (which were lower than what i originally thought they were gonna be) i asked my wife "Hey sweetie,, what's $26 thousand dollars?" and after about 5 seconds of looking puzzled replied, "Ummm...my salary?" OUCH! not a good sign! Flash forward a few hours "Well honey," I said. "Since I won't be getting a pony for Christmas...I've been thinking about getting a home theater system" Worked like a charm. Though because she's a smart cookie, she figured out this scam. As I'm unpacking my M60's she comes up and proceeds to tell me she's on to my "Palpatine-ish" plan and says that i've been meticulously planning this for years, like I had gotten myself elected Supreme Chancellor years before just so I could go and kill all the Jedi. Oh well, I'll just have to use one of the other methods to get the plasma this christmas!

Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?