Jimmy, I do not discount, in any way, your impressions of the Axioms. I'm sure you heard what you say you heard. But, in your rush to judgment in your initial post, other than a cursory "improperly set-up I suspect," and a dismissive,"not properly placed," you made no mention of the fact you had been TOLD of the extenuating circumstances of Dennis' setup, BEFORE you went to his home.

Posting what you posted WITHOUT adding that disclaimer was, at best, irresponsible; at worst, malicious. This lack of balanced reporting brings into question your motives in posting at all. Knowing that things weren't calibrated, how could you possibly expect to post an "honest evaluation" of the Axioms. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you are young, and allowed your disappointment to cloud your judgment.

And, your unnecessary, callous, and rude "way too much power and such a waste of money...." crack about Dennis' quality equipment demonstrates a serious lack of audio knowledge, not to mention a profound lack of respect for, and lack of courtesy toward, someone who graciously invited you into his home in an effort to help you.

That was Dennis' ONLY mistake. He should have denied you access until he had everything setup properly. I'm sure he has learned from that error. So have we all.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton