After a while you have to stop worrying about it and enjoy the system. One problem with the Internet is that it becomes possible sometimes to get ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY THE BEST VALUE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, which wasn't even worth thinking about 10 years ago. Guess what. It doesn't matter. There will always be better systems. There will always be systems that cost 1/4 as much and sound 2/3 as good. Next year's Axioms will be better than this year's Axioms. Who cares ?

Did we pay a fair price for good products of the right type, and did we spend approximately the right amount of money on our systems ? Well, obviously we all spent about twice as much as we planned, but that goes without saying. For the rest of the questions I think the answer is a resounding "yes".

Could I have bought similar speakers from another mfg and been just as happy ? Probably, although they would probably cost a bit more and the customer service probably wouldn't be as good. These aren't the first nice speakers I have owned and they hopefully won't be the last.

I'm not even sure these are the best speakers I have owned but they're pretty darned good, they play music at a quality level I haven't heard for almost 20 years, and I'm really enjoying them. That's all we can ask for.

Last edited by bridgman; 03/18/05 01:29 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8