Just a quick progress report...

Painted my ceiling today (Benjamin Moore Twilight Zone Black) as well as the face of my soffits, and while I was at it I threw a coat on my furring strips as well to hopefully prevent them from showing behind the fabric.

I must have put the paint on a little too thick though because my ceiling seems six inches lower! And dark? I have a 500w work light that lights up the room like a 60w table lamp now. I'm amazed what a drastic difference just painting the ceiling made.

I also temporarily ceiling mounted the projector to make sure I had worked out all the angles. Even straight out of the box I was pretty pleased with the picture. (of course being a projector newbie and having an untrained eye certainly factors into my assessment) Of course I had to take a couple of obligatory screenshots so I put up a new album on my site for those. The image on the screen is actually better than the amateur photos would lead you to believe.

Now that the paint is done I can put the light tray lip on my soffits and get started on the columns. Carpet and fabric to follow.

Until next time...

Chip Slattery Fox Path Theater