Major Update!

Well, it's a major accomplishment for me, anyway!

Finished up the fabric install this weekend:

Wasn't as bad as I thought, though a little better planning on my part during the construction (especially around where the soffits meet the proscenium walls) would have saved me a lot of aggravation.

As an added bonus, my chairs arrived this past week. They are Berkline 088s in Grade 4 leather/match. A curved row of (4) four up front and a pair of loveseats in the back:

Even though the room isn't quite finished I needed to move them in so I could reclaim my garage. Took me 3+ hours to open, dissamble, hump up to the theater and reassemble all eight chairs. I was a little nervous as the first few went together that I had estimated wrong and they weregoing to be too big, but in the end they fit exactly as I had planned.

And yes, even though it isn't finished, I hooked up all my equipment and watched an hour or so of Gladiator last night. I know that's the death knell of HT construction, I just couldn't resist!

I still have to install the equipment rack and finish the trim. (crown, chairrail & base moldings, as well as wainscot on the bottom of the columns) Once that is finished I'll tackle tiling the equipment room and finishing the lobby area.

Updated pictures of my latest progress can be found in the "Fabric" and "Equipment" sections of my construction gallery. (link below)

Chip Slattery Fox Path Theater