In reply to:

I like the column idea as the finished product will look great, but what about the top and bottom woofers on your QS8's (or QS4's, whatever you have)? Aren't they going to fire directly into the column and get "lost"? Any plans to put in an angled particle board piece to deflect the sound into the room?

I am sure that you have thought this through, but I know that when I built some large projects in the past, it was good to have another 3rd party throw out some thoughts and ideas, so please don't take it as me being critical of your work, I'm not, and it looks awesome!

Nick,

I had actually planned to stuff the top and bottom sections with insulation and then "cap" the MDF above and below the speakers (QS8s) but now that you mention it I think angling a couple of pieces as you suggested would give me much better dispersion. Great idea!

I agree with you 100% regarding the "extra set of eyes". Sometimes we're so wrapped up in what we're doing we don't catch things that are immediately obvious to someone on the outside.

So no, I obviously didn't take your suggestions as criticism at all, so no worries there. Half the reason I post my progress is so someone out there with an idea or suggestion can jump in (as you did) and save me from making a big mistake.

Thanks again and I'll post back with some updated pictures of the columns when they're complete.

Chip Slattery Fox Path Theater