Here's two to avoid:

ELO at Wembley. Absolutely atrocious. I picked up this one in a fit of nostalgia at Tower one day. The price was cheap and I thought it might put a grin on my face. The video is horrible, the sound is horrible (insert jokes about the band here), and the editing cuts are a bunch of godawful Don Kirshner-type disco looking swipes. To be avoided at all costs.

Cheap Trick - Silver. Ugh. What a disappointment. Lousy sound, lousy video. The performances aren't bad, but it looks like it was filmed on Super 8 and it sounds worse. And this is only a few years old!

A few recommendations:

David Gray at The Point. Very nicely done. A little trippy-dreamy at times, but a great document of one of his shows. The documentary in the extras section is definitely worth a look.

Richard Thompson -- Live in Providence. Boy, oh boy...if this won't convert you, nothing will. There were only four cameras, but the picture quality is great and the sound is terrific. And there is some savage guitar work here. Buy it for his workout on "Can't Win" alone.

Cyndi Lauper -- Live... At Last. DON'T LAUGH. This was another one of those $9.99 discs, and I thought my girlfriend would like it. As it turns out, this is a stunning performance. I would have shelled out $9.99 just for the version of "Money Changes Everything".

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds