In reply to:

My favorite is Roy Orbison's "Black and White Night." The sound is exceptional. It's in DTS. Roy Orbison displays his remarkable voice and is backed by an all star band. This also is a great showcase for James Burton, who really shines on guitar and shows why he's in the rock and roll hall of fame.

I happened to catch a little of this on INHD last night, and was amazed at the quality of the audio. Since it was being broadcast, it was the DD track. I actually have the DVD but haven't listened/watched it yet. I look forward to hearing the DTS version.

So, I'm listening to this thing while cleaning up for bed, and I take a peek at the screen. Cool, he's got the obligatory 3 chick group of backup singers. WAITAMINUTE! Those 3 "chicks" are Bonnie Raitt, Jennifer Warnes, and K. D. Lang. Now THAT'S a backup group. I gotta be honest with you. The thought of having those 3 singing backup behind me gives me goosebumps, and sends chills up and down my spine. OY!

And isn't that Bruce Springsteen singing harmony? And, Tom Waits is on the keyboard. That guitar player looks like that guy that used to play for Ricky Nelson, and Elvis (thanks for the name - James Burton) SURE! Isn't That Elvis Costello sittin' over there with the guitar. And I know that's J. D. Souther singing backup now. When I was a D.J. at WNCR in Cleveland, I interviewed him for an hour long show we used to run on Sunday nights. Really nice guy.

Pretty impressive group. And, I'm actually diggin' the tunes. Didn't realize how much I enjoyed all these Roy Orbison songs. I didn't get the chance to listen/watch much more last night. Duty called. But, I think I gotta sit down and give this DVD a GOOD listening.

Seabear, I don't know your taste's in music but I loved Diana Krall's Live in Paris. And though I'm not a huge country fan, I was VERY impressed by Faith Hill's When The Lights Go Down.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton