man, thats an open door for haggling. if you dont get that TV out the door for less than at least $375, then you have failed Haggling 101..

you dont wanna start too low and insult the guy.. but, you should make it clear that the stand is of no use to you.. even try and mention it twice, use the old double reverse guilt trip. see, he wants to get rid of the TV, and he already feels the cash in his pocket cause you have drove all the way to his house to pick it up. (unless you do it over the phone, then he gets the advantage).. if possible, always haggle in person. you will get better results. then, he sure dont want you to leave with the money, and he still has the TV, and he dont wanna have to go thru the trouble of having more people over to look at it, and make calls and try and sell it, etc.. he wants it out the door, and he WILL take a cut if he has to. i would start with offering $350, and make sure and mention again when you make the offer, that you just dont have any use for the stand. he may counter offer, but i wouldnt be surprised if he just says ok.. if he does counter, then i am positive he will say $375, shake his hand, load it up, give him the money, and be gone!!

i really think $375 is VERY attainable. but, shoot for $350 first. like i say, never hurts to ask.. and he wants to get rid of the thing, or he wouldnt have you over in the first place.

YOU CAN DO THIS PETER.. YOU HAVE THE POWER!!!!

then take the extra cash you saved, put some gas in the car, and go buy some GOOD beer, and pop-a-top for me!!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??