no, no.. i wasnt implying that you were "mad" at me.. not at all.. i was saying, that ME as a consumer/purchaser, i wouldnt have any bad feelings or ill-will toward that store owner for not dealing with me. i just simply wouldnt come back.. once again, i am having translation problems

i dont disagree with you or ken's thought process, its just diffeent than how i would do it. you run your businesses, or do your jobs the way YOU see fit. that doenst make either of use right or wrong, it just means we probably have different business strategies.. and what ways do you measure if the strategies are working? profit? customer satisfaction? repeat business? who knows... but i DO know, that here in West Texas, if you aint willing to wheel and deal, then you wont be in business very long. its just a fact.

ken- i dont haggle labor without asking initial price first. example- plumber comes to do a job, quotes me $500 bucks, but adds "it might cost more if it takes me longer, or if we run into any complications".. i ask "how long should it take?" he says, "about 5 hours". so 2 days later he does the job, he was at my house for 6 hours, and hands me the bill for $600. i ask where the extra $100 came from, he says "it took longer than we thought".. so i said it took ONE hour more than you thought, and your labor is $55 bucks an hour.. he says, "OK", and cuts me a new receipt for $550. this is a true story...

if i would have never asked about the extra $100, he would have taken it and run. althought i was still angry it was $50 more than the initial estimate, i still paid less than the $600 he had asked for. thats what i mean on labor.

i think there are SOOO many different scenarios to haggling, i think i could write a book. i am not try to come off as some cheap ole basterd, cause i aint.. i just try and make my dollar stretch as far as it can. i dont mind paying good money for good stuff.. i bought axioms, didnt i?

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??