Hello all,

I'm brand new here, and at present I'm not an axiom owner. I am in the market to purchase some speakers and I came upon the Axiom site rather by accident (I hadn't even heard of Axiom until a couple of days ago!)

After spending some time reading the forums I realized that this was a pretty cool community and that Axiom owners absolutely loved their speakers - this has caught my attention more than any reviews ever could.

Anyway, I am at present looking to upgrade the speakers in a 2 channel stereo (I currently have some Paradigm Phantoms - I'm not disappointed by them in any way, but I've got another room I can move those to and I thought I'd go a little more upscale this time round).

Because I've been so happy with the Phantoms I was naturally thinking of going to Paradigm monitors or studios - but seeing all the enthusiam you folks have for Axioms I'm definitely considering them as well.

My question, as alluded to in the subject relates to whether it would be a better choice to pick up a pair of bookshelves + a sub vs a pair of floorstanders. Some audio folks that I respect quite a bit are big proponents of the bookshelf + sub approach and claim that they will usually outperform floorstanders.

On the other hand, a speaker like the M60 looks like it's a great speaker for two channel stereo and the price is staggeringly good - I simply can't believe that it's that cheap! Also this is a fairly big room, though the phantoms have no problem filling it.

anyway, I was just wondering if any of you had any thoughts on this?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice!

Cheers,

Bill