y'all know i am building an HT for one of my buddies.. well, i had been giving another friend of mine advice on HT stuff, and trying to lead him in the right direction. he had told me that he was still several months away from doing anything, so he wanted to do some 'investigating' now.

well, he just sent me an e-mail telling me his wife decided to surprise him for his birthday. she had his brother and his mom pitch in, and went and bought him a 7.1 Sony HTIB. NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

so now, he tells me he feels obligated to keep it since they ALL pitched in to buy it for him, and he doesnt want to hurt his wifes feelings.. ugh!! anyway, now he says that since he has his new speakers with sub, he just needs a new receiver, and he is good to go. i almost told him to go buy an apex, and be done with it.. he seems to think that since the speakers are sony, that he should go with a sony receiver.. who knows..? i found this and i was gonna see what any of y'all thought about it?

i almost dont wanna help him, cause at this point, i dont think anything is gonna make those micro HTIB's sound very good. but, i dont want him going out there and buying a $100 Kraco receiver from Rex Electronics that will break in 8 months.

anyone got good stuff to say about sony receivers(not ES series)..?

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??