The solution is too simple. When no one is home you put in your ear plugs and crank that POS to the max until everyone of those "speakers" pop. It shouldnt take long.

If you dont mind risking eloctrocution you could poke around inside it while it is plugged in and the power is on, until the sparks start a'flying.

Hell just fake a break-in and tell the old bird that that was all they took.Of course my wife knows me well enough not to tread on MY TERRITORY IN THE HOUSE, electronics, computers, guns, lawn equipment, cars, all the manly type things. And I am smart enough not to tread on her areas, or even make negative comments.

I think the real problem here is that there is a profound lack of communication in this relationship. Sad really sad. Another case for Dr. Phil.

Whatever method he uses to sabotage the Sony doesn't matter. Take it back to where they got it. Make a big show of how he was really diappointed in Sony, but thanks for trying dear. Exchange it for something else entirely, if they don't have any real HT equipment there.Then, in the not too distant future, he can go ahead and get a nice Axiom set up.

M80ti's, VP150, QS8's