spiff- no, the guy i was looking at getting the 5 M3's, ended up getting a VP100, and a set of M22's. he still need a receiver, sub(hes getting a SVS PB-10), and surrounds.. he was supposed to bring the 22's to my house to listen to last night, and didnt.. i am still mad at him. and thanks for the advice on sony.

mwc- i hear you on the wife getting over the speakers... i just know he is gonna go to her and say, "bigjohn said these speakers were no good.. so we need to take them back, and buy about $800 more of good speakers".... i think she will hate me from that minute on.. sure, she wont be mad at him, she will be mad at ME!!! there is just no easy way around this situation..

i did give him my honest opinions on the sony HTIB.. he is into heavy metal/thrash/grunge type rock.. and most of that is all mid-range guitar.. and i told him that those micros have the worst mids ever.. so, hopefully he can have enough fortitude to pull up his dingle-berries, and tell his wife how its gonna be.. cause if not, i am scared he will be very disappointed.

BTW- he is on small budget for a receiver.. i found a 7.1 pioneer for $300, but it has very few features.. it is just dang near impossible to find a 7.1 receiver, of decent quality, for less than $500.. i even told him to forget about the 7.1, and just get a 5.1 to save money.. plus, those sony micros are gonna sound crappy regardless if there are 5 of them, or 7 of them..

see, this is why i should just build my own HT, and let the rest fend for themselves.. i feel like i am somehow personally involved now..

EDIT- funny bren.. now pass the butter..(as he gets hit in the face with a stick of margarine!!)

bigjohn

Last edited by bigjohn; 05/06/05 08:20 PM.

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??