Saturn.
Of course you know this post will be scrutinized, so allow me to begin by looking at the first link you've provided. I will look at the other links later when i have more time, unless someone like sushi or Semi beats me to it. I commend you on giving this topic another go.

Mr. Risch discusses this biwiring issue from a very narrow point of view. His article, although articulate, is full of some very questionable ideas. Two of these ideas include notions on how signals flow through, or according to Risch 'around' but not actually IN the wires, as well as physicall vibrations from speaker sound creating a new signal within your cables from movement.
Although this is very interesting and incredibly unbelievable by anyone who knows how electrons work within a metallic crystaline structure, Mr. Risch still does not provide any scientifically proven data for his ideas. He clearly states his opinion is...this and then states it is backed up by 'listening tests'.
Note this quote from his webpage:
In reply to:

In my opinion {HIS opinion}, backed up by both listening tests, and measurements {no reference as to how, where or data shown}, steel in an interconnect can be heard as a
detriment, and steel near speaker cables, or in the connectors for either, can be a detriment. Excessive inductance in a speaker cable, such as simple zip cord, can also make the sound dull and lifeless{according to whose definition? 50 ppl sampled all said the same thing?}

Mr. Risch does not reference any science journal with the methodology or results of such tests. In fact, his entire bibliography, with the exception of TWO, somewhat related papers, all come from magazine sources which are not credible scientific publications.
Second to that, virtually anyone can publish a book or write a website. An example is a friend of my father's who recently published a cook book and a book on electronics, paid out of her own pocket for 1000 copies and she's given away about 10 of them and cannot sell the rest. Would you take info from this electronics book and use it as fact?
Mr. Risch has quoted a ton of 'references' from these single source, non-peer reviewed information. This alone makes any of statements pure opinion and not scientifically credible.

Certainly many people can debate the electrical theory of cables but ultimately the NRC Ottawa tests have already shown, in a credible and scientifically tested, peer reviewed manner, that people cannot tell the difference. It is interesting how few people care to believe in that research instead of articles read in magazines.

If as an individual you hear a difference in cables, again, the more power to you, but when other's try to sell those concepts to newbies, that's when i get unsettled.
You ought to see how i am during commercials on tv for products like hair care and body soaps. The jargon is incredible.
I believe it was some clothes detergent now selling the power of oxygen in their soap. It is absolutely laughable, but i guarantee you that company has some scientific reasoning for that as well. Chemistry is really more my strong suit but it relates to electrical physics in many ways.

Show me the proof.

Last edited by chesseroo; 04/04/03 05:37 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."