OGS,
Mr. Risch is probably not bending facts as he honestly believes the conclusions that he has drawn.
However, he presents very little evidence of his findings except to say "believe me, i'm a pro, i've done some testing".

He has at least provided a paper that he published in AES on a user friendly method of subjective listening tests (although such a paper should really be titled "user friendly method for objectivity in subjective listening tests"). I have not read this paper, perhaps Alan has. If i have the time i will certainly pick it up from the local university library to review.

One big problem with scientists, we can also get caught up in our own expectations and bias even before starting experiments. This is why so many audiophiles perceive there will be differences even before being tested in an unbiased way.
Has anyone ever read the book "Wonderful Life" by Steven J. Gould on the history of evolution based on fossils from the Burgess Shale?
He very thoroughly describes a scientist (Walcott) who mis-identified many fossils and represented a very different view on the history of life based primarily on the classical mindset of how these fossils HAVE to fit into modern phyla. Walcott was biased as to how the fossils needed to be placed within taxonomy before even looking at them.
This was the ACCEPTED taxonomy for over 50 years!!

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."