"I was at my drummer's house in Seattle a few weeks ago and it seemed like every source of audio he had was somehow channelled through all the speakers. There was never a source that he pulled up and the rear speakers were silent. I thought that the system would "simulate" surround even if it had no actual surround signal. Here's the weird thing: When I press the "test tone" button, it doesn't event TRY to send a sound to the rear speakers. That makes me think that somewhere the thing has been told that I don't have them. Maybe a setting in the configuration of the box? I've read through the manual about 3 times now, and even though it's apparent that it was either 1) translated from another language or 2) written by someone that got a "C" in high school english, I am able to understand most of it. I am still however somewhat intimidated by all the "modes" and what they are supposed to do. But I figure I'll learn that over time. So why no rear channel?"

I had this problem with my HK receiver, but I believe the solution is universal. You have to tell your receiver that you are running rear speakers. Go to the speaker setup or configuration and there should be an "on" switch for the rears.

EDITED TO SAY: Check pages 43-45 in your manual, I think that should answer your question.

Last edited by royce73; 06/16/05 08:43 PM.