OK, I've had some time now to get intimate with my system, and I've found it's "sweet spots". I've got everything working (almost) and have figured out what sounds best for what. I have to say that I'm very pleased with it overall.

I am a little disappointed actually with the actual AXOIM speakers though. I don't mean to piss anyone off, and I know they host this site. But I spent about $1600 on speakers (which seemed like a LOT to me) and I guess I expected a lot more. The one's I got for the front (1 Pair Millennia M3ti Bookshelves in Black Oak finish for 300.00 USD) have barely a discernable difference from the old pair of JBL bookshelfs I've been using with a regular stereo for TV sound for about 10 years. I bought those for $49 each. Both of these (probably ALL bookshelfs) have no "ooomph" on the low end, and since about 75% of my DVD collection is Concert DVD's just having the Sub-W making the low bass noises just didn't fill the room like I wanted it to. So I ended up rewiring my old Yamaha regular stereo speakers (these are from my college days, over 20 years old!) into the B channel, and I set the Axiom bookshelfs right on top of those. That gives a hugely improved sound to music. Obviously, the speaking parts in video don't really need that type of support, but for the music DVD's and just playing CD's it made the difference of night and day. But I'm happy in all with the current configuration.

There is still one thing I haven't figured out. LittleB was right about those blue buttons controlling the sound type selection, and that was a major breakthrough for me, for which I am grateful. But I still haven't figured out how to change the audio source from the remote. IE: If I'm playing a CD (CD IN) and now I want to watch Television (TV/DBS IN) I still have to get up and walk to the Denon and rotate the big dial on the left until it points at the right input source. I have to believe there's a way to do that most fundamental of changes through the remote, and I'm sure I'll feel like an IDGIT when someone fills me in, but HOW DO YOU DO THAT???

Thanks everyone for your help!