In reply to:

10/22
"What bothers me is using the words in a public place without consideration for those who MIGHT be offended by them"

In reply to:

10/23
"My objection was not to the words, or even the "use of the words in a public place.""

I guess I read this wrong. Anyway I stand corrected.
You see I knew you would see we are a lot more like each other than you think. As long as we are not telling someone what they can say or how they should say it then we are in the same camp.

As for the statement about not enforcing our own personal standard on others I wasn't singling you out or implying you were doing that. I was simply completing my thought process on how I feel about censorship and and what I believe to be inalienable rights. I said " I just don't think we can enforce "our" (as in the collective sense) own personal standard on someone else" I meant not you, not me, not tomtuttle or anyone else for that matter.

Once again I will say that I agree with nearly everything you say. I just feel it is not a perfect world (far from it) and not everyone will rise to the higher standard.That doesn't mean you don't have the right to wish they would or even to call them out when they don't. Hey go for it! You have every right. However, if it were me I would choose my battles and make it count. There again we are talking about personal standards and personal tolerances toward what we percieve as transgressions. I just don't see it here in this case. Once again this is just IMHO

I'm sorry I did not see that movie and the quote as it stands does not reveal anything to me.I guess I'm dense. If you only wanted to point out the irony or the conundrum of the free speech issue, I got that. That was the point I was trying to make with the list of people who have tested the extreme limits of those freedoms. So I guess here too we are in agreement unless there was something more I'm missing.Out of the context of the movie I'm just not sure.

As for my post about "boob on a public forum? I'm outta here" I was afraid you might take that as a personal attack.It apppears you did. I apoligize, I was being sarcastic and it's not the first time my sarcasim has gotten me in trouble. I was attempting to keep things light. I was also intrigued by the timing of Peter's post and his use of the term so I couldn't resist. You see I consider the term boob as risque or as innocent (either/or) as the term fart. I wouldn't bat an eye at hearing either term coming from a 8 or 10 year old boy or girl no less on an adult internet forum. That is the "only" reason I said some are too quick to pound the gavel on the lecturn. Let's face it neither of these words are on George Carlins list of words you can never say on TV.

Well I think that covers all your points. I also think we have bored other readers to tears. At this point I can't think of anything more to say on the subject. I hope all is well with us. I view you with the highest regard and enjoy our exchanges.
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon