Jack,

Just got back from a week long conference in St Louis today, and was surprised to see this thing still alive (unfortunately). Seams I’ve stirred it up again!!

My apologies for my tactless response. I didn’t even think twice that it would (or could be) taken that way by anyone. BTW….My father just turned 85, so I suspect that we were raised with similar values. I still open doors for women and carry them over mud puddles. I’m also the first one to offer a stranded motorist a jump or lift.

But I was also a sailor and have been running construction crews and roughnecks for years. If you think what I said earlier was foul or tackles, don’t ever drink with me. Funny thing about communication, the words that offend you, are respected from others. If I were to politely ask a hand to continue with his assignment as soon it was convenient for him to leave the smoke shake, I’d get no respect and laughed at. But when I tell him to get the F*** off his lazy ass and get back to work or pick up his last paycheck on his way off the job sight……well guess what? I get respect not only from him, but all his piers and the smoke break abuse stops. That’s my world Jack, and again, sorry for offending you, or anyone else for that matter. Don’t take it personal, that’s just me. If I mean to offend, their will be no room for doubt, I can be down right nasty when I mean to.

I also did not mean to personally call you out as a cop, but was referring to all self proclaimed vigilantes that pack heat on this forum. I really don’t know, or care who those might be, or if you are one of them. Really, I don’t, and don’t have a file with names on it. I live in the now, not the past.

Your quote:
“Returning to Mike's "Why is it that when someone posts anything other than Axiom praise, the cowboys come a running with guns blazing"? And your "I agree that some are too quick to pound the gavel to the lectern," I would submit again that "It's not the opinion that is resented, it is HOW the opinion is presented that brings objections."

I agree with you, completely. We’re good on that point. That is also the point that I was trying to make when I first opened my big mouth. This string was not started out in any other way, than a simple question. Jinx stumbled across a review that gave him troubles; he posted it here and asked for feedback. Can’t you see that??? I’ve read it over and over again, and I still do not see where Jinx did anything deserving of the treatment he got. That is what I had issue with. People were ready to shoot without actually “hearing” the question asked. And it happens time and time again.

That’s when I stepped in. I do not like bullies and have been confronting them my whole life. Call them forum cops, the “posse”, whatever. The name fits on all feet. When they start attacking, I will call BS. Someone posted an excellent Axiom speaker review a while back. The only negative thing he pointed out was that the grills could stand a little improvement. What did the “posse” do??? They started shooting and making comments like “well how often do you really need to move your speakers?” What a bunch of BS….. I agree, the grills are flimsy.

Well besides coming back from St Louis a little richer with some culture, I’ve got pneumonia. I’m done with this, and again, sorry to offend you or anyone else. That was not my intent.