My name is Frances Vassallo. I am married to Joe's youngest son Mike. We have 2 boys Jesse and Vinny. I am writing this letter to let Joe and everyone else know what my husband and boys think of their father and grandfather. They are too shy to do this on their own but I am not. Joe's son Mike has told me many stories about his Dad when he was growing up. Mostly it had to do with cars and having the first of every new invention. Joe spent alot of time with his 2 boys whether it was in their garage or at the races that he raced in. His boys will have great memories of this. Things like under their Xmas tree their being new bikes etc.He gave them everything and pretty much anythingt they wanted. Todd raced dirt bikes and Mike has his love of cars. My husband(Mike) thinks the world of his dad but has never told him so. I know Joe knows this now even with Mike's silence. They say pictures( silence) speaks a thousand words. Joe gave both his boys everything they could imagine and more. They both know this and love him for it. The thing is in this world today there is lack of respect but I know that boys Joe's sons respect him more than anyone could imagine. Joe is a master of words when it comes to everyone else but when it comes to his family I think he is lost for words because his family mean so much to him that he is actually lost for words.He has in his final months said these words the only he knows and everyone loves hi for this. When Vin-Man was little Joe took him everywhere and let me tell you I have a video of when Vinny was little and he looked just like Joe with the curly hair. Jesse has taken to airbrushing like his grandfather. I hope he goes as far as Joe has gone with this art. Jesse also has the love of cars and respects them as does his dad his grandfather. Once again I am only the daughter in law writing this because they wouldn't but want everyone that has known and loved Joe to know that he is a loved, respected and looked up to kind of guy. My heart and thoughts are with him though I don't tell him. I know what a hole it will leave in my heart and all 3 boys in my family alone. But knowing him and having loved him for this many years will leave us with great memories. I love you Joe like you were my own dad and Mike and Jesse and the Vin-man feel the same way but are less expessive.

We love you as always and forever,
Your son Mike, daughterinlaw Frances and 2 of your grandsons Jesse, and the Vin-Man.