Reading Todd's, Tara's, and Fran's posts certainly bring back lots of memories. Yes it is true - the word "dynamite" is something that comes out of Joe's mouth constantly. It is part of who he is. But Uncle Joe wouldn't be who he is without Aunt Ruth. This lady is the definition of class.

As you have read, Joe gets completely enveloped by the "project of the moment". He dives in, and puts his whole heart and soul into it. All the while, there is Ruth quietly supporting (and tolerating) the next "greatest thing". And the next "greatest thing". She has this quiet confidence about her that you have to admire. She is the stability that allows Joe to soar, and just lets "Joe be Joe". She happily lets him have the spotlight, and I'm sure he would not have been able to achieve the things he has without her. I have never told her this, but I have the greatest respect and admiration for her.

Ruth is also very health conscience. She keeps herself in shape, and would put many women 20 years her junior to shame. And, she is the reason Joe bought his beloved Porsche in the first place. If I remember correctly, he was looking at new twin turbo Dodge Stealth's / Mits 3000's. It was Ruth who pointed out the huge depreciation factor, and suggested a classic Porsche instead. And so his love affair with the fabled German automaker began.

I know this thread is supposed to be about Joe but a large part of who he is, is because of her.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.