For anyone burning the firmware to a disc, I can't stress enough to follow Lorenzo's advice and use Active ISO Burner. When I bought my first HD-A2 a couple of months ago, I downloaded the firmware fine, and then burned about 6 coasters with Nero, Roxio, Sonic, etc. I then saw a recommendation on AVS to use Active ISO Burner, and it worked the first time.

Here's what I did last night. I still have Active ISO Burner on my computer. I downloaded the firmware again from Toshiba (first shows up as HD-A2-2501N), and then unzipped it. It shows up as an ISO. I then right-clicked the ISO image file, and I did Open With, Choose Program. I found Active ISO Burner in my desktop list, chose that, then the ISO file should pop up in the ISO burner. I dropped the burn rate to 8X to be safe. Clicked burn. Finished the burn in about a minute, popped the disc in my new HD-A2, and it worked again just fine.

Here's Lorenzo's link again. I've used Active to burn ISO's since I first used it, and it works every time. Nero and Roxio hardly ever work for me with ISO's, so this is a great program.

http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm