UPDATE:
I originally had been using the burnatonce software that was recommended and downloading from the U.S. site with no success whatsoever.

I've deleted burnatonce and all of the downloaded files and am taking it from the beginning with ActiveISO burner and the file from the Canadian site.

Knock on wood, it's one past the first two minutes and I haven't gotten the error code that I was getting my previous 12 attempts.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Jack, thank you so much for the offer! \:\) What's frustrating is that I kept feeling like "I should be getting this…it's not that complicated". I was starting to think that I must have a faulty player.

UPDATE to the UPDATE:
After only 5-7 minutes, I turned around and the player was powered off. My initial concern of another failure was replaced with: "Hey…didn't I read that this is how the update finishes?" Sure enough, I checked the firmware version, and it's 2.5!!! This time was so easy!

Let me pass on Jack's offer …. Pay it forward:

I used the Active ISO software.exe downloaded to burn the file from the Toshiba Canada site and it worked perfectly for the first and only time.

If anyone would like a copy of MY disc, PM me your address. I can duplicate and distribute for anyone.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::