I just watched the HD / Transformers movie and the BR / Fantastic 4 (the new one) movie this past weekend. Both of these disks are at the very top of my list for outstanding PQ and SQ. If you were not that impressed with the Transformers movie, I don’t know what to tell you Richard. I found that disk to be nothing short of eye candy and you can most definitely use that one as an HD reference disk. I have not seen one better yet, and I’ve got over 200 HD/BR disks now.

One disk for you to try and if it doesn’t “Wow” you, nothing will. Try Corpse Bride. That movie flat our freaked me out. Between amazing colors, shadow detail and down right unreal detail, it’s right up there with the best of them. Actually, most of the animated movies look amazing on both HD and BR.

Where I’m really enjoying HD and BR is with the old movies that they are transferring. Some of the old John Wayne films are really good. The sound sucks, but they didn’t have much to work with when they were filmed, so I’m not complaining.