60Hz is what I settled on months ago. And no I can't turn the volume up on the 80s because I'll go deaf.

I have no problem with the 600 during movies. It's music that is problematic. I've spent countless hours tweaking as many of you know to no avail. I cannot hear attack no matter what I do.

What finally convinced me that this is an EP600 issue is the fact that my Sony doesn't suffer this problem in my large room. And also that I've had other subs in here that give good thump but, as I've discussed before, suffer from other issues. Thump, thump, thump all the time is frankly boring. I witnessed this with the SVS that Jason brought over.

As much as I dislike Sony, the 150W sub that I have (albeit with Mojo tweaks sanctioned by the non-Sony designer) is absolutely awesome for music in a small room. It balances texture with thump which I haven't heard any other sub do. There's lots of texture in the 600 due to what I believe are low order harmonics that I frankly don't mind at all.

And as for 122dBs without distortion...absolutely no way. Not even from an inch away. Not that I need it but I don't want anyone believing they can pull 122dBs cleanly out of this sub.

I'm starting to wonder now if the combination of my Denon and the 600's low input impedance has something to do with this. I've been meaning to connect my audiobyte amp to the 600 but it's a bit of a pain in the butt now. I need an excessively long cable.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated