Originally Posted By: Mojo
I don't make a habit of listening to 20Hz tones very often \:D .

Just reminded me of a week-old anecdote. One of my girlfriends has a 14-year old son who's a pretty good organist (he's going to some European contest in September). They were home about 10 days ago and he spotted my SACD recordings of Bach's organ music (excellent recordings with Knud Vad) and he managed to convince her mother to stay to listen to one piece he selected (BWV542).

Well... he was expecting to hear "nice sound" and mostly intended to evaluate Vad's play... He was FLOORED. We listened at -6db on receiver (which means that a 2-hands+pedals chords reaches about 108-109db). He looked like a zombie for a while. He had never thought possible to have a pipe organ so closely reproduced in a home system. (good multi-channel recordings are killers with pipeorgan). On top of the proper church reverb of the multich, he was astonished by the reproduction of the lowest notes from the pedals coming out of the EP-500.

Now my main problem is to fence off requests for seconds... (I am not THAT interested in the mother! \:\) ).

OK, that was my 20hz, 2-cents!!

See Mojo's signature