I just finished watching Beowulf. This was an absolutely entertaining movie. The 600 performed wonderfully with the exception of some really loud LFE at the very beginning where I heard the strange driver noise that some of us have been complaining about.

The 350v3 definitely packs more musical punch. I absolutely loved that sub for both music and movies. It's a fantastic compromise between the "boring" punch that I heard from SVS and the lack of punch from the 600.

We have never seen the frequency response curve for the 350v3 but most likely it is tuned like a traditional sub. By that I mean that it extends well beyond 100Hz and does not have a flat response. Axiom has never published the curve either because it was never able to put it up on the pole before winter came or it simply doesn't live up to Axiom's linearity standards. It appears to me that the vast majority of consumers out there go with SVS or Hsu because they like the non-linearity. So it appears that when it comes to subs, humping and thumping is a good thing. Axiom would likely have a larger sub following if it gave people the choice to go linear or non-linear via a switch.

Unfortunately I've never plotted my Sony. Definitely it's a non-linearity that is causing the punch and it's a darned pleasing one \:\) . The degree of non-linearity appears to be a bit of an art. The SVS had too much and it got boring. The 600 has none and that's boring too. The 350v3 gets it just right in my opinion.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated