Originally Posted By: SRoode
Myrison,

If you get a chance, and still have use of the meter, download REW (Room Equalization Wizard). Run a sweep from 15 to 150 Hz.

It won't take more than 30 mins to setup and try.

You must be assuming a greater skill level than I have with the software. ;\) After 90 minutes messing with it today, I gave up. I was able to get it to register the readings from the SPL meter within the program, but every time I tried to "measure" and record the curve, I get a straight vertical line somewhere below 20 hz showing about 45 db. It's just the same line after multiple measurements, so I decided to throw in the towel for today and try again later this week.

Any advice on something obvious I'm doing wrong? When I have the program open and click the red round button to turn on the SPL monitoring, it accurately follows the measurements of the SPL, but for some reason, when I actually go to measure, I can't get any results that make sense out of it.

When that didn't work, I did do some manual measurements with the SPL meter and the Real Traps test tones and came up with this chart. This is probably not terribly useful as I wasn't able to do a smooth "sweep" curve, these are just points plotted on a curve. (20,25,30,40,50,65,80 hz). If these results are to be trusted, there's a pretty hard dip at 50 hz.

I'm going to keep experimenting... The other thing I've been considering is putting the EQ sub back into the mix and running duals, but the EP600 makes that setup extremely difficult as as soon as it is hooked up to the Denon and another sub is added to the chain, the required gain settings on both subs completely change. I haven't done much testing with 2 subs, but it's on my list of things to test out in the next 30 days.

Randy, I remember reading your posts and hearing your frustration when you added the 350s awhile back and now understand even more what you were going through. \:\)

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry