Originally Posted By: Zimm
 Quote:
However, I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to movie and music playback and the way our hearing system operates. If ceiling-mounted surrounds worked well, they'd be used in Dolby Digital and THX movie theaters--and they aren't.

No argument there, and good info - love to learn the whys of the rules I've heard. This would be a purely aesthetic solution in a less than "pure" set up. For anyone mining this thread for info, I want to be clear, having used both in the same position, the QS8 is in a whole different league than the good in-ceilings. Not even close.

OK, I'm going to try to change my perception of QS8's mid ceiling as an aesthetic 'feature', not a fau pau... Then to sell it to the wife. ;o) Though I am amazed at the leeway she is willing to show after her elation of moving the Klipsch Cornwall out of the living room. ;\)

For mid room ceiling mounting for MS8's, what is minimum top clearance and a good distance back primariy list. pos./ side surrounds? Due to sky light closest possible is 6' behind list. pos. Futhter back has no physical constraints.

Last edited by davekro; 02/19/09 03:53 PM.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."