Originally Posted By: RickF
 Originally Posted By: myrison
The way the QS8s are designed with drivers firing in every direction, there's not a lot to gain by tilting them one way or the other. I have mine (sides & rears) flush mounted on the walls and they sound wonderful.

Jason

Same here, plus I believe they look like they 'belong' whenever flush mounted on the wall.

Rick,
I agree that flat mount looks best.

For my backs I will experiment with back wall and mid room (ceiling mount). For back wall, the left rear in the kitchen would mount on a vertical surface that is 4" back of the cabinet front edge. If I use a wall mount FMB, I'm guessing that pushes me forward about 2". Do I need to add an additional 2" spacer so the back of the QS8 is completely forward of cabinet and in line with cab. front (so downward firing driver is not obstructed)?

The further back this speaker sits, the less it will visually protrude and hence look better. I think it would not look too bad using just the FMB. I am not opposed to the spacing out further. I just want it back as far as I can have it without obstructing the 5 1/4" woofer.

And are there and specs on what the drivers and tweeters are made out of?
Thanks, Dave

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."