Originally Posted By: davekro
Jay,
Thanks for the photo. I believe that color is the white washed (maple?). From what I could tell from pics, these look like in kitch cabinets is called white washed oak.

When I was thinking QS's on side and back walls, the beach with gold grills woul blend in best with our wall color. Now considering a pair of 8's mounted in th emiddle of a white ceiling, the whitewashed color might blend in better. Hmmm I actually do not care as much for the whitewashed color, as the beech. I think it would look best if all four surrounds matched. Now to decide to 'blend into ceiling w/ white, or blend to wall for sides with beech (the preferred color). Of course the sides do not stick out physically like the ceilings will. Yet another uneasy decision. Any ideas/ thoughts from others with ceilings & walls?

Jay, are you happy with your choice of white? Was that pic. your side or back?

Good eye, it is Axiom's Light Maple, very much like Washed Oak. I really liked the contrast look of the black grille with it. My wife is now favoring the standard black, I am pushing for one of the custom wraps to better match the Maple I have in the basement, but this change up is very, very far off in the future.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70