That made sense, thanks for taking the time to lay it out. If distortion below 1% (or more) is fine, then it would certainly seem the 1900 would do fine. My post was aimed directly at SQ as the review implied it may not be the best choice due to the amount of THD at just 50 watts - thus really bad at 90. I was just very surprised when i read that review as it gives (me anyway) the impression that the 1900 may not be a great combination with M80s.
Then again, i like my 3300, and was very surprised to read that it starts "clipping" (their words not mine, HT Mag, Nov. '99) at 75 watts and .016 THD. I did not think that was audible, but certainly implies you don't get all the 110 they advertise without noticable distortion. Of course, I don't reach 1% THD into 4 ohms (on my PSBs) until 174 watts. That would explain why I like the 3300!

Anyway, the worms are back in their pen and the 1900 seems to be a safe bet for the low levels we are talking about.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire