Originally Posted By: Micah
So what exactly is the knock on Emotiva then, their customer service? I'm just curious, as I haven't seen much complaining about them besides the incompatability between some of their amps and the M80's. Dave you say you had two failed amps, did they give you the run-around when they went bad?

I'm only asking because if the amp failures are a deal breaker for you then you may also want to steer clear of Axiom subs as I've read dozens of complaints about Axiom subwoofer amp failures in the 16 months I've been on this forum, and experienced 3 of them myself.

However no matter what problems I experienced with my equipment, Axiom was always quick to rectify the situation. Failures are just part of the wonderful world of electronics unfortunately. How the company you're dealing with handles the situation determines how frusterating the whole ordeal will be.

For the most part there is a ton of happy Emotiva customers - no denying that. They do make nice products but there is still reasons why I wouldn't purchase from them.

1) Quality Issues - As I mentioned in a previous thread, internet companies do not have a great history with electronics. I have read one to many issues with their products. Their products are well received but they also come with a lot of overblown hype IMO.

2) Stringing customers along with release dates/pre-orders - The UMC-1 was the latest example.

3) How a company reacts during adversity (probably the most important for me) - I don't find they handle public issues very well or in some cases not promptly enough - UMC-1 as the latest example. Deceptive in their handling of issues and customer complaints IMO (censorship).

4) Controversy over cutting corners on testing of their electronics to meeting government regulations. Why I could see a company doing this is to try to gain competitive advantage. Especially when dealing with the low price points they are trying to hit. Again if something like this is true, that is bad/deceptive business practices and hurts the competitive ability of companies playing by the rules.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1148961

I have not been able to get through the whole thread, but I have not read a response from the company to refute those claims.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne