Its important to remember the fact that its hard enough to create one speaker design that the masses will love and buy enough of them to keep a company in business. It's only that much harder to create unique and competetively performing speakers to fullfill every need in a home theater environment. Every company has its strengths and weaknesses. If I had to pick out Axioms strenths based on feedback from this forum I would have to say people are most pleased with the M80's, M22's & QS8's performance. Also based on feedback from this forum I would say their weakness is with their center channel offerings, and to a lesser degree, their subwoofer department.

I say lesser degree because their subs are truely polarising... most seem very happy with them, and can't believe the amount of bass they put out and usually turn them down quite a bit. But then there are those who are completely underwhelmed by their performance. But IMO (and I could be completely off base here), I tend to think that a large majority of those unsatisfied customers come from a pool of individuals who grew up in the car audio scene. People used to being able to fill a car easily with extreme amounts of SPL intense bass, hard hitting midbass, and just that whole body encompasing, heart pounding lower octave sound wave nirvana. When that's what you're used to, its hard to get that experience in a living room environment period, let alone get it with a company that designs their subwoofers to deliver clean, accurate bass notes, not hyper-extreme, FAT midbass, over the top stuff that drowns most everything else out. It's very hard to go from one end of that spectrum to the other without being somewhat let down by the results. And again I'm not saying this accounts for everyone who's ever been less than satisfied with an Axiom subwoofer. But my guess is that a large portion of them are. I know that was one of the things that I had to get past when building my HT, because I was one of those guys who drank car audio as his life's blood all through my teens & twentys.

That's why I'm of the opinion that while I love all of my Axiom speakers, I don't get too upset when someone comes on here stating a preference to somebody else's product in a certain area. "Yeah my M60's kick ass, but the VP100 sounds really flat"... personally I'm just happy the guy likes his M60's. It would be great if everyone were thrilled with all of Axiom products, but thats just never going to happen.

I think over all, Axiom has done very well for itself in this market,all things considered.

Last edited by Micah; 03/29/10 03:15 PM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD