Dog,
I have the M60s and I'm thrilled with them. Have never heard the M22s, but I will share my impressions of the in-depth (my wife accuses me of defining anal/obsessive when in research mode) research I did. Not scientific by any means.

When I was in the throes of M22 or M60 like you are, virtually everything I researched pointed to the M60s as preferred fronts. Generally the discussions centered on the M60s having a fuller, broader soundstage. The mid-range speaker doesn't hurt either. Sentiments of those fortunate enough to have heard both lean heavily in the direction of the M60s.

In general, the decision points appear to fall to 1) is my listening room big enough to handle the M60s (they do need a little room) and 2) do I want to spend the extra money for the M60s.

Clearly, question 1 must be answered affirmatively or question 2 doesn't matter. Once you get to question 2, interesting dynamics begin to emerge.

First, the devil & angel on each shoulder begin the extra $$$ debate. It is especially useful to realize the difference really isn't $400 since you need stands for the M22s as well. Throw in the discount for ordering at least 5 pieces and/or the factory outlet price and the rationalization process to approve the extra expanse is relatively quick and painless. It takes those of us with burly wives just a tad longer to make the full $$$ trip since groveling is not a quick act.

Next, the obvious increase in audio output and enjoyment. Deadly benefits that fixes the last doubts of the extra $$$.

Third, those of us wise enough to have experienced buyer's remorse, upgradeitis, that itch that can't quite be reached to scratch realize that getting what you wanted to begin with always makes you happier and more content.

Finally, the testosterone kicks in big time. They ARE bigger, and therefore, MUST be better.

So let's cut to the chase. Call Axiom and see if your listening room can support the M60s. If so, ponder it overnight.

Next day, let's get that Man Card punched. Pick up the phone - PICK IT UP and order the M60s.

Whew, excuse me - I'm trembling. I need to go and lie down.